Thursday, August 20, 2009

Psalm 121

"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."

This week has been hard for many reasons. Partly because we're living in a rental house with half of our things in storage. Partly because I am sinful and my children are sinful...and well, that just makes for some long days sometimes. Partly because I miss my family. Partly because I am overwhelmed by all the decisions I have to make for our new house. Partly because I have GOT to get things organized for Women's Ministries at church and that is always a challenge for me.

Anyway, today I took the kids to the park to play with Cury and Praja and I was talking to Angie about some of this. On the way home these verses just popped into my head. It was just a reminder that I am not doing all this on my own, my GREAT and AWESOME and POWERFUL God is my help. He does not even sleep because he is watching over ME! I don't have to muster up my own strength to be a perfect mom and wife and Women's Ministry coordinator. The same God who made Heaven and earth is my help.