Monday, August 3, 2009

Pantry challenge: Day three and four

Day three

Breakfast: Cinnamon bread. Hannah and I had fun making that on Saturday

Lunch: Grilled chicken, vegetables and biscuits



Dinner: Party at a friends house...I lucked out again. I did make some almond sugar cookies to bring along.


Day four

Breakfast: Cinnamon Bread

Lunch: leftover lasagna, vegetables and biscuits. Let me take a second here to tell you how I feel about leftovers. I don't like them. But, wasting food is wasting money so I have been trying to eat our leftover food before I make new dishes, and I can honestly say it is saving money.

Dinner: Salad and Pizza sandwiches




We also ate green grapes and pretzels for snack time today at the pool.

So far so good, 4 days down only 3 to go.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Funny enough I make leftovers on purpose so we have something easy for lunches. Most of the time it ends up being just enough for Adam to take to work, but that saves on him eating out!

andrea said...

you must have had lots of extra food in your house! (and a great garden!) good job, I'm impressed!

Denise said...

I nearly facebooked you yesterday to say " I have no idea what to make for dinner". I figured I would have some of what is in your house so you would have an idea for me! I am really liking checking in on your food! :) And our boys must have pretzels and licorice at the pool...water must make you need pretzels! :)