Friday, September 4, 2009

Firsts



It's been a week of firsts at our house.

Hannah had her first soccer game. She was a little nervous at first but I think the jitters went away once she got out on the field. She did great, she has her dad's natural athletic ability. She did get hurt a couple times and came off the field crying but I was so proud of her for going back out and trying again. She even scored her first goal!

We still have a few things to work on. Namely, being aggressive with the other kids....I guess she gets her competitive nature from her mommy. :) All, in all it was a lot of fun and she's looking forward to next week.

Oh, quick story. Chris is her team coach and he told the kids to call him coach Chris and Hannah says, "you mean daddy." Chris says, "nope, on the field, I'm coach Chris." Hannah says, "daddy... you're teasing me!" It was pretty cute.

It was also Hannah's first day of preschool. Chris was home for lunch so he watched Caden and I was able to take Hannah by myself. We had a really great time talking on the way to school about the fun things she was going to experience. We also got a chance to pray for the school year, the teachers, that God would provide Hannah with friends, that she would bring glory to God through the way she acted and that God would help her mind to absorb lots of wonderful things about His world. It was so cool.

And then she was off, hardly even a hug, just a "see ya at 3 mom." She did great and surprisingly so did I. It was actually nice to enjoy 2 uninterrupted hours during quiet time. Hannah normally has quiet time but she's seriously not sleep anymore so she sings loudly, plays in her room and keeps asking if it's time to be up yet.

When Caden woke up from his nap he just kept looking around saying "Nana, Nana." He loves his big sister...although after I told him Hannah was at preshcool and that he would have time to be with mommy all by himself he got a big 'ole smile on his face! He's never really had me all to himself. We got about 15 min. of playtime and then it was time to get Nana.

Of course Hannah loved school, but she was EXHAUSTED when we got home. We stopped by the store for groceries and as soon as we were in the door she put her jammies on and just vegged out watching the cooking channel. After dinner we decided that we would take the kids out for ice cream to celebrate Hannah's first day of school. I think we'll keep that as a tradition in our family.

So, the first day is done. My baby isn't a baby anymore. But I'm super excited about this new step in her life. I can't wait to hear her stories and watch her develop into even more of girl then she already is.

No comments: