Monday, May 11, 2009

Our crazy week

Last week was crazy!!!!

First of all, we are in the process of getting our house ready to put on the market (that's another post for another time.) So we've been packing and decluttering our house which has made for some busy days. We've also had several meetings with a couple from our church and our builder this week. In the middle of all that I decided I needed to make strawberry jam...don't ask me why, I guess it's because I got strawberries for $.99 a pound and I just couldn't pass up such a great deal. Anyway, the jam turned out GREAT so it was totally worth the extra time.
Then we had a garage sale! Who knew a garage sale would be so exhausting!!!! I was telling a friend of mine that having a garage sale is kinda like having a baby; after it's over you can't think about the next one for a while! :) Finding tables and getting our signs to stay up proved to be quite a challenge...but we survived! We actually had a combined garage sale with the Hydeens and it was so nice having a friend to hang out with in my garage all day.
Did I also mention we had our five kids with us ages 4 and under running around during all this? They had a great time watching movies, eating lunch outside and running through the sprinklers. One of the mornings Hannah and Lillian even had a lemonade stand. It was really cute for about the first five minuites until Caden kept trying to spill the lemonade and gouge his fingers into all the brownies! :) (and let me tell you those brownies were AWESOME!)




I have to say though, even though it was a lot of work it was totally fun, in a crazy way. Considering the older kids didn't get naps and the younger kids were completely out of their routine they did surprisingly well. Hannah absolutely loved hanging out with Lillian all day, I loved having an adult to talk to while I worked, and I even made a little money!

And thank goodness for my awesome husband! He got home early on Friday and played with the kids and let me spend yesterday recovering while he cleaned up dishes and played with the kids while I took a nap. He also bought Hannah a new bed and brought our extra furniture over the Arms.
So... we survived one crazy week, now for this week. We just have to get the oil changed on the car, call the plumber, meet with our builder, find a realtor to sell our house, patch up a few paint spots on the wall, get groceries, do laundry, find a lot to build our house on, go to Tulip Festival, run the 10K... all in a weeks work right??

1 comment:

Corinne Doughan said...

WHOA!!!! I guess I need to call you and catch up!!