Wednesday, April 22, 2009

beautiful day

Why is it that the sunshine has such an affect on my mood?

Today has been BEAUTIFUL!! The sun is shining, the wind isn't blowing, it's a perfect 70 degree day. The kids and I packed a picnic lunch and brought it to the park. We played for an hour and ate our food. Hannah was her happy, imaginative self; pretending that the jungle gym was our shelter from the big storm. Caden was even brave enough to go down the slide a couple times by himself! Even though Caden was throwing sand and running away from the park and Hannah was playing instead of eating, it didn't bother me. In fact, I had a BLAST just playing with my kids.

Why is it that when the sun is shining I stop freaking out about all the little things that normally bug me?

We got home, the kids went down for their naps without a peep and they have both been asleep for 2 hours. I sat outside with my iced mocha (yes, that also makes me VERY happy!) and read my Bible. I just basked in the sun and drank up God's truth. I didn't feel overwhelmed by all that I have yet to learn on my spiritual journey, like I sometimes feel. I was just overcome with the joy that I have when I search God's word and discover new truths.

How I love these beautiful days!

All too often I am so consumed by my to do list for the day that I forget to look around and see all that God has given to me. God, would you teach me to enjoy every day as a gift from you. Thank-you for sending the sunshine and warmth to slow me down and remind me of how precious my children are. Thank-you for gently teaching me to enjoy your word.

Maybe it's just me, but somehow the sunshine has a way of changing my entire day.

1 comment:

andrea said...

me too! except without the coffee drink..yuck. :)