Friday, March 13, 2009

not so quiet mommy time

Yesterday the kids both took short naps so at 2:45 I said

"Mommy needs a quiet time!"

I thought I would just lay down for a few minutes with the kids played quietly by themselves.

So I lay down

and am woken up by Hannah

"Mommy, Caden's doing naughty stuff. He's dumping spices out!"

I sit up to go see where the spices are being dumped out....

and I am covered in an entire bottle of cilantro! In my hair, on the blanket, in the hood of my sweatshirt, all over the carpet!

Apparently I fell asleep, and I guess I'm so use to having kids climb all over me that I didn't even notice Caden dumping spices all over me! I'm just glad it wasn't Chili powder! That would not have been fun to clean up.

So much for mommy quiet time!

2 comments:

Corinne Doughan said...

HA! I've slept through some interesting times too! :)

jen said...

that is hillarious! i just found your blog as you listed it on your facebook page. thanks for sharing.
by the way...we have to get together soon...yes, we keep saying that, but i mean it! :)
i hope you are all well!