Tuesday, December 28, 2010

fun-bobs

My kids are generally pretty good eaters. But oh my, lately they have no interest in anything healthy. Snack time rolls around and all Caden wants is "somesing cunchy", which pretty much means he wants some type of sweet treat. Hannah isn't much better. I'm pretty sure it's just because this time of year there are so many sweet treats to be had that all the other healthy options just don't look quite as appealing. I'm not worried about it, I know they'll be back to their regular eating habits again soon. But in the meantime I do want them to eat something healthy every once in a while.

Hannah has been very into cooking and baking lately. She LOVES to watch foodnetwork and is constantly explaining to me how to make something. So, I figured if she was involved in making the healthy snacks that she'd enjoy eating them a lot more. So we decided to make little kabobs on toothpicks. It was just a square of cheese and a green grape. I remembered doing that with the kids when they were younger because they both loved (still do) eating food with a toothpick. And guess what? It worked! They both LOVED the idea and Hannah was coming up with all sorts of other things we could make into kabobs. Like red pepper and cheese, meat and cheese, strawberries and kiwis, black olives and cheese. Do you notice a theme here? We like our cheese! Anyway, Caden couldn't say kabob and kept asking us if they were "funbobs", and the name stuck!


No comments: