Friday, July 22, 2011

my child's eyes

I wish I could see life through their eyes.
Every day an adventure to be had.
Picking wildflowers.
Swimming with friends.
Eating ice cream.
I love the wonder in their eyes when they discover a robin's egg. Turquoise with spots.
The joy of finding a toad, chasing it down the street, happy screams all the way.
Riding bikes.
Playing at the park, sand in the toes, sand on their arms, in their hair, sticking to their sweaty, sun-screened little bodies.
Doing flips on the rings.
Picnics with their mommy.
Firefly in a jar.
Forts on a rainy day.
Books read in the shade.
Racing up the stairs.
Giggles. Lots of giggles.
Jumping off the diving board.
Licking the beater with chocolate chip cookie dough.
Kisses. And hugs. Lots of them. All the time.
Laying heads on pillows at night exhausted from the adventures of the day. But still the energy for sweet songs to sing.
They drink every ounce of nectar out of life. Every ounce.
They live everyday FULL.
And I pray that God renews my eyes to see life the way they do. To live every moment FULL. Full of wonder and awe and marvel.

Job 37:14
"stop and consider God's wonders."

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh to be a child again. I loved it Rach!!